Realize that your “upset” offers you an opportunity to learn something or to change something – and make it better!
Ask yourself these eight questions to grow yourself from your obstacles.
- Am I willing to do something now to change this or make this better?
- What meaning have I linked to this in order to be upset?
- Could this be a misinterpretation or misperception?
- Do I have all the possible information necessary to know exactly what this means?
- What else could this mean?
- What do I need in order to feel good now?
- How can I communicate my needs in a way that empowers my relationship with this person?
- What’s great about this?
If you are honest with yourself, you can turn the situation around to a positive one!